kansasCourtRecords.us is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.

CourtRecords.us is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by CourtRecords.us for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. CourtRecords.us cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by CourtRecords.us responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, CourtRecords.us will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Kansas Court Records

KansasCourtRecords.us is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on KansasCourtRecords.us are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Kansas Inmate Records?

Kansas inmate records contain arrest and incarceration information about persons currently held in correctional facilities in the state. Typically, the data held in these records include:

  • The inmate’s full name and other aliases
  • Department of Corrections (DOC) number
  • Personal information such as birth date, gender, and nationality
  • Physical descriptors such as height, weight, eye color, and tattoos
  • The convictions that the inmate is incarcerated for
  • Mugshot
  • Holding facility
  • Prospective release date
  • Bail/bond conditions
  • Court dates

Inmate records for persons incarcerated in the state prisons are maintained by the Kansas Department of Corrections (KDOC). However, inmate records for persons held in the county jails are provided by the sheriff’s offices or the police departments in the Kansas cities. Under the Kansas Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), basic inmate records are made publicly accessible. However, disciplinary records about an identifiable inmate are exempt from disclosure.

How To Find An Inmate In Kansas?

Citizens may find an inmate incarcerated under the jurisdiction of the Kansas Department of Corrections (KDOC) by visiting the holding facility in person, or by searching available online databases. The Kansas Department of Corrections oversees eight adult correctional facilities, three satellite correctional facilities, and one juvenile correctional facility.

KDOC allows a search of public inmate data through the Kansas Adult Supervised Population Electronic Repository (KASPER) on the KDOC website. The information contained in this database is updated daily, excluding weekends. KASPER contains information about offenders sentenced to the Secretary of Corrections’ custody since 1980. This includes currently incarcerated persons, inmates under post-incarceration supervision, and persons discharged from a sentence. Note that KASPER does not provide information on inmates sent to the state under the interstate compact agreement’s provisions.

The information available on KASPER is classified as public information under the Kansas FOIA. Hence, it is made available to the public. The names on KASPER are not removed except in cases of record expunction, an overturn of conviction by appeal, and executive clemency granted to an offender.

The KASPER online resource may also be used to obtain information for parole and community corrections absconders. The tool allows users to find an inmate by providing the inmate’s KDOC number or name. Providing only the last name or first name is enough to perform a search using the inmate name option. However, a more accurate result may be obtained by providing an inmate’s first, last, and middle names. Users may choose to view offender mugshots and include inmate with aliases that match the provided names in the search results.

The KDOC offender search tool has an advanced search option that may be used in situations where comprehensive information of an inmate is known. To use the advanced search feature, additional information will be required, such as the social security number (SSN), state ID (KBI) number, race, gender, birth date, age range, and conviction county. Other information that may be used includes parole supervision county, CC supervision location, holding facility, and the offender’s supervision type.

After providing the known inmate information, the offender search tool returns a result list matching the data. Select the offender’s name to view more inmate information on the personalized inmate page. Such information includes mugshots, inmate demographics and physical descriptors, birthdate, current status, convictions, KDOC physical location history, and KDOC disciplinary reports.

Note that release dates obtained from KASPER may change since they are subject to a good time and program credit earnings and forfeitures. For more information on an inmate’s release date, contact the KDOC’s sentence computation unit at (785) 296–3317 or Michelle.Sullivan@ks.gov.

To find inmates incarcerated in county jails, contact the local arresting agency for the inmate records. Most local jail administrators provide inmate information on their website for easy public access. For example, requestors may find inmate records for persons incarcerated in Wyandotte County, Johnson County, Shawnee County, and Sedgwick County may be found on the various county sheriff’s website.

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Kansas?

There are three Federal Prisons in Kansas; Kansas City Residential Reentry Management Office, Leavenworth U.S. Penitentiary, and North Central Regional Office. Interested persons may find inmates incarcerated in these facilities via the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) website. The BOP maintains records of federal inmates who are in custody or released after 1982. However, persons interested in obtaining exact release dates for federal inmates may not find up-to-date release date information on the website. As a result of the First Step Act, sentences are often reviewed and recalculate to address pending good conduct time changes. Hence, BOP data may not match the most recent changes to inmate release dates.

To find a federal inmate using the inmate locator tool on the BOP website, users may provide an inmate’s name or number. BOP allows users to provide one of four types of inmate numbers for users who choose to use the inmate number search option. These four inmate number types are: 

  • Bureau of Prison Registration (BOP) register number
  • D.C. Department of Corrections (DCDC) number
  • The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) number
  • The Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) number assigned to the inmate upon incarceration

Persons interested in obtaining records of federal inmates released before 1982 are advised to direct such requests to the National Archives Records Administration (NARA). To assist NARA in determining whether the information is available, requesters must provide the following information in their requests:

  • Inmate’s full name including middle name or initial
  • Inmate’s date of birth or approximate age at the time of incarceration
  • Inmate’s race or ethnicity
  • Approximate dates in prison

How Do I Find Inmate Records In Kansas?

Persons interested in securing a Kansas inmate record may print a copy of the information provided on the result page of the KASPER inmate search tool. The result page offers basic information on the inmate under question. However, this photocopy may not suffice for legal representation as it is not a certified copy.  

Interested persons may also contact the Records Division of the KDOC. Under the Kansas FOIA, the KDOC provides interested persons with copies of inmate records upon request. To obtain this record, call (785) 296–0144 or visit:

Kansas Department of Corrections
714 SW Jackson, Suite 300 
Topeka, KS 66603
E-mail: KDOC_Pub@ks.gov

Requestors may also contact the specific facility where an inmate is held to obtain an inmate record. Obtaining an inmate record from any of these facilities may attract a nominal charge.

Similarly, to obtain an inmate record for persons held in the county or police jails, contact the sheriff’s office or the police department in the county or city where the inmate is held.

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple record(s). To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Kansas?

The Kansas Department of Corrections (KDOC) provides two options for family and friends to place funds into an inmate’s account in the state; JPay or Access Secure Deposits.

JPay allows fund transfer to be made online or by phone. However, to use JPay to transfer funds, an individual is required to create a JPay account. Visit www.jpay.com or speak with an agent on (800) 574–5729 to open and manage a JPay account. KDOC allows inbound and outbound electronic messaging between inmates and family and friends who have created a JPay account. Family and friends may send a money order with a deposit coupon without creating an account. 

To transfer funds through this means, download a printable deposit slip from JPay’s website and follow JPay’s instructions. Deposits may be made in-person by visiting any MoneyGram location, including any Consumer Value Store (CVS) or Walmart. The receive-code 6577 will be required. Funds may also be transferred through JPay Mobile (JPay’s Android or iOS app). Note that a service fee may apply.

To transfer funds to an inmate’s account using Access Secure Deposits, an Access account must be created. Visit www.accesscorrections.com or call (896) 345–1884 to open and manage an Access account. Access Secure Deposits may be made by MasterCard and Visa debit and credit cards. Access Secure Deposits allow walk-in payments. Visit www.cashpaytoday.com or call (844) 340–2274 to enroll. Note that service fee applies, and walk-in sites accept cash only.

Visit www.cashpaytoday.com to locate a Dollar General, Family Dollar, or any retail outlets nearby that accept walk-in payments. A money order with a deposit coupon may also be used to transfer funds without establishing an account. Visit Access Secure Deposits to print a deposit coupon and follow Access instructions.

All incoming funds from JPay or Access Secure Deposits must contain both a return address and the sender’s name. If this information is not provided or legible, the entire deposits will be posted to the offender’s forced savings account.

To transfer funds into an out-of-state inmate’s account, follow the KDOC guidelines.

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!